Each year, the SMCKC board is infused with new members of the Kansas City social media community. This summer, we’ll be welcoming new officers to the roles of President, Vice-President, Advocacy Chair and Technology Chair. That’s where YOU come in. Whether you are looking to increase your involvement with the Social Media Club of Kansas City or you know someone who would be great for a role, we need your help to find the best candidates out there to carry on the mission of SMCKC: If you Get It, Share It!
Below is a quick summary of the responsibilities of each open role, look for new officers coming in August!
President Responsibilities – email@example.com
- Lead development of annual strategic plan and key performance indicators.
- Report on strategic plan progress.
- Support committee chairpersons as needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact to the National chapter.
- Represent SMCKC to media outlets as needed.
- Attend SMCKC events and serve as facilitator as needed.
- Actively participate on various social networking sites.
- Reach out to complimentary local organizations to build awareness and relationships.
- Lead executive board meetings.
- Guide, counsel and coach executive board members as needed
Vice President responsibilities – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fulfills the responsibilities in the President’s absence
- Guides, counsels, and coaches the executive board members
- Helps recruit committee leads as needed, and manages the committee framework/process
- Coordinates the election process; including nominations, confirmations, setting up the voting format, tallying, and announcing results
- Serves as a community representative for SMCKC
Advocacy Chair Responsibilities – email@example.com
- Act as liaison for Kansas City Sourcelink, ECJC and other opportunities for SMCKC members to engage with other groups or learning opportunities.
- Reach out to Local/National communities for the following:
- Leverage the resources of SMCKC
- Post volunteer opportunities
- Identify speaking, panel, workshop opportunities for membership at conferences, seminars, businesses
- Coordinate quarterly non-profit/charity community opportunities for the organization throughout the year.
- Plan AMPS awards event and bi-annual Ignition Event, including management of Special Events committee.
- Post at least one Advocacy Update blog/month.
- Manage Advocacy committee leads and team members.
Technology Chair Responsibilities – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintain all SMCKC digital presences, including but not limited to: website, email, websites, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Assist in keeping social media networks updated.
- Work with Events Chair to staff and provide equipment needed for events (projectors, screens, streaming, etc)
- Serve as the subject matter expert on new technology and how it impacts social media
- Propose new technology adaptations for SMCKC when necessary.
Nominations are closed.